Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) Term
The Boğaziçi University administration keeps closely monitoring national and international developments on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. At this time, our main priority is the health and security of our students, academic and administrative staff.
Based on the announcements and regulatory notices from The Presidency of the Republic of Turkey, Ministry of Health, Higher Education Council (YÖK) and other government bodies, we will keep you routinely updated from this information page.
In line with the Ministry of Internal Affairs Circular issued subsequent to the decisions taken at the Presidential Cabinet Meeting on 17.11.2020, the Rectorate has decided to implement the following measures to prevent the spread of Covid 19 on our campuses.
1. All classes held face-to-face on campus as well as all BÜYEM trainings will continue online until 31 December 2020.
2. Our university dining halls will only provide take-away service, and it will not be possible to share a table in the cafeteria.
3. No food service will be available at the Kennedy Lodge Faculty Center until 4 January 2021.
4. No face-to-face education will be delivered at the Preschool Education Unit until 4 January 2021.
5. No events will be held in the university halls and indoor areas on our campuses until 31 December 2020.
6. Student club rooms will be closed until 31 December 2020. Club activities to be held in the open air will be subject to certain restrictions and can only be carried out upon the approval of the Office of the Dean of Students.
7. The university library will be open between 10:00 and 20:00 on weekdays and between 11:00 and 19:00 on weekends.
8. Study halls next to the library building will be open until 24:00 on weekdays and weekends. Students residing in the dormitories will be able to use the library study hall during the curfew hours.
9. Two new areas will be allocated to students in the North Campus to meet their study hall needs. Kare Blok Room KBZ 001 will be reserved for students' use until 24:00 every day, and the North Campus Staff Cafeteria will be open to students' use between 18:00 and 24:00 every day.
10. Our members will be able to continue to use the Uçaksavar Sports Field but the shower area of the field will be closed.
11. A Covid 19 test center has been established within our university, and the details on its operation will be shared with you as soon as possible.
We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and for complying with the measures taken for the health of all of us, and wish you healthy days ahead.
The Boğazici University Rectorate