About Excuse Exam Applications
Students who could not take one or more of the final exams due to their excuses, can apply, via ÖBİKAS/BUIS, to take an excuse exam by submitting all the related documents (medical report, etc.) as evidence supporting the absence from the exam(s). All e-exam requests will be reviewed and settled by the E-Exam Committee.
Final exams will begin on June 26, 2020 and end on July 13, 2020. The E-Exam Committee meeting will be held on July 13, 2020 at 15:00.
Students who have not been able to attend the final exams due to their excuse must have completed their online requests by 14:00 on 13 July 2020 at the latest. No application will be accepted after the Committee’s meeting on that date.
When you log in to your page via ÖBİKAS/BUIS;
• Click on “Applications / Other Systems”; “Excuse Exam Request”.
• On the page that opens, your courses with a final exam will be listed.
• Please mark the course/courses you could not take due to your excuse.
• From the section '..........', please mark your excuse.
• In the 'Add Document' section, upload the document (medical report, private reason, appointment/duty, etc.) supporting your excuse request.
• The document size you will add must be 1MB maximum and its extension can only be .pdf, jpg, jpeg, png.
• Click on the 'Save' button.
• Your excuse will be listed under “Excuse Exam Request” and will be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
• Your application will be checked by the Registrar's Office and submitted to the E-Exam Committee. Once the application check is completed, you cannot change your request for excuse exams.
THE E-EXAM COMMITTEE
After reviewing the applications and evaluating them based on the reasons, the E-Exam Committee will make a decision formulated as either 'APPROVE', 'REJECT' or 'CONDITIONAL APPROVAL: SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION”
Those students whose requests are conditionally accepted must provide the required documentation before the exam date. Otherwise, the decision of 'CONDITIONAL APPROVAL' will be changed to “REJECT”.
The E-Exam Committee decisions will be announced on the ÖBİKAS/BUIS page under the heading “Announcements”.
Students whose excuses are accepted by the Committee will be able to take their excuse exam(s) on the dates announced in the Academic Calendar. Students who do not take the excuse exams are not given right to take another exam.
Prof. Dr. Naz Zeynep Atay Gök