10 March 2020
Below you will find our updates following the announcements made by the Higher Education Council (YÖK) and other authorities:
- All educational activities, exchange programs, previously planned social and sports activities, as well as sports competitions, cultural trips and travels, etc., and international travels have been cancelled until further notice (Previously announced date of 30th April 2020 as the last day of suspension of activities will be revised according to developments).
- All undergraduate internships and applied studies, as well as graduate studies have been suspended until 6th April 2020.
- Students (with Turkish or international citizenship) travelling abroad will not be able to continue their studies, and remain at home for 14 days after they return to Turkey.
- Students in the scope of the Erasmus/Exchange programs who wish to return to the University and register for the 2020 Spring Term should fill out the form obtained from the Office of International Relations (OIR) web page until Friday, 20th March 2020. More detailed information will be sent by the IAO on the subject. Those who are returning to Turkey must plan their journeys so that they can stay at home during their 14-day isolation period prior to attending courses on 6th April 2020.
- Students coming from abroad and wishing to stay in the dormitories upon their return should spend their 14-day isolation period at home and present a health certificate at the dormitory.
- Previously planned thesis defenses can be carried out on the planned date, upon the consent of the student and the jury members.