In response to COVID-19 (Coronovirus), the University Senate and the University Executive Council jointly decided to change the dates of the Spring Break from April 20-26 2020, to March 16 (Monday) - March 29 (Sunday) 2020.
The University Executive Council also voted to cancel all on-campus activities, all off-campus activities organized by the University and all university-related travels between March 12, 2020 and April 30, 2020.
The details regarding activities and travel are as follows:
• All on-campus activities are cancelled, including academic activities (e.g., conferences, symposiums), student club activities, and any activity that includes visits to our campuses (e.g., high-school visits).
• All academic travel are cancelled. There will be no “görevlendirme” for domestic or international conference attendance. Any academic travel approved earlier are also cancelled.
• It is strongly advised that faculty and staff avoid domestic or international travel for personal reasons.
• Following the warnings issued by the Ministry of Health, it is strongly advised that any faculty or staff returning from international travel isolate themselves for 14 days.
• Those who return from countries for which the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued travel warnings as well as those who plan to travel internationally for personal reasons should fill out the "Travel Form” that will be sent to the academic and administrative units.
In addition, I would like to inform you that for those students living on-campus, the dormitories, the student cafeterias and the library will continue to be open. The frequency of disinfection procedures will be increased in dormitories, classrooms, and other closed spaces where students tend to interact.
We will follow the developments and the decisions that might be taken by the Ministry of Health and the Council of Higher Education (YÖK) and will update precautions as necessary.