- Access to our campuses is possible with the HES Code integrated in the Covid Declaration Form: https://covidform.boun.edu.tr/
- Students can enter the campuses between 08:00 and 19:00.
- Academic, administrative staff, students working in laboratories (with the permission of the responsible faculty member) and residents of the lodgings are allowed to enter the campuses without time limitation.
- Graduates can enter the campuses during working hours due to their jobs by informing the relevant offices. Graduates who are library members are required to inform email@example.com the day before to enter the library.
- Guests are not allowed to enter the campuses, except in compulsory cases.
In cafeterias, delivery service is provided instead of open service.
- Food service information:
North Campus cafeteria serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including weekends.
Kandilli Campus cafeteria serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including weekends.
Kilyos Campus cafeteria serves lunch on weekdays.
South Campus cafeteria serves lunch on weekdays.
Hisar Campus cafeteria serves lunch on weekdays.
- It is not possible to serve at the existing tables in cafeterias.
- Food service at Kennedy Lodge Faculty Members Center has been suspended until 4.1.2021.
- Only take-away service is possible from the open canteens.
- The library is open between 10:00 and 19:00 on weekdays.
- The book borrowing period is 30 days, and book borrowing can be extended six times online.
- The study hall next to the library building is open until 24:00, including weekends.
- Square Block (Kare Blok) KBZ 001 is open until 24:00, including the weekend.
- North Campus staff cafeteria will serve as a study hall between 18:00 and 24:00, including weekends.
- The computer laboratory on the North Campus is open between 10:00 and 16:00.
- The Incubation Center on the South Campus will be open between 10:00 and 16:00.
- Students who must be on campus can stay in student dormitories. This restriction is valid until 2020-21 Spring semester.
- Pandemic rules are applied in the dormitories that serve a small number of students.
- Kandilli, 3rd and 4th North Dormitories are opened to students' residences.
- 1st North Dormitory has been designated as a quarantine dormitory for students who test positive for Covid-19 during their stay in the dormitory.
- Students who apply to dormitories should document PCR test results (negative) made within 72 hours prior to placement as well as valid documents during their settlement.
- Students are placed in the rooms as single occupants. This practice will continue until the single-person capacity of the dormitories open to students is full. Should the single person capacity gets full, two people will be placed in the rooms.
- Fever measurement is performed at the entrance of the dormitory with digital ID control.
- After moving into the dormitory, students are subject to a one-week compulsory isolation period in the units previously determined by the dormitory supervisors. During this period, students stay alone in the unit. During isolation, students should not leave the dormitory, go to other rooms in the dormitory, or accept guests.
- For the students who are in isolation, meals are served to the dormitories by the University Cafeteria in exchange for a fee throughout the one-week isolation, provided that they have the receptionists write their names.
- Attendance is taken for students staying in the dormitories every night, including weekends and public holidays. Those who do not attend the roll call are removed from the dormitory within 24 hours.
- Delivery of cargo and orders to the dormitory is done at the outer door of the dormitory building.
Events and Student Clubs
- Event venues in our campuses are closed until 31.12.2020.
- Student club rooms are closed until 31.12.2020.
- Student activities are carried out online with the permission of the Dean of Students, as it has always been.
- The Uçaksavar Sports Field, except shower areas, is open for outdoor sports.
- The basketball court on the South Campus is open.
- Other sports halls and pools on the campuses are closed.
- The Department Peer program for students admitted in 2020 has started with the participation of department preparation advisors and department peers.
Internet and device support
- Internet and tablet/computer scholarships are provided for students who face financial difficulties in remote access.
- An agreement has been made with Çağlayan Kitap & Yayıncılık & Eğitim (Çağlayan Book & Publishing & Education - https://www.caglayan.com/etiket/BOUN_2020/135) to enable our students access to foreign-based coursebooks.
- In the service buses, each passenger’s temperature is checked, and a single seating arrangement provided.
- Passengers without a mask are not accepted on the service buses.
Preschool Education Unit
- Face-to-face education in the Preschool Education Unit has been suspended until 4.1.2021.
- For screening purposes, the PCR test is performed twice a week at the Boğaziçi University Health Center for academic/administrative staff and students living in the dormitories and working in the laboratories for a fee of 35 TL.
- The 2020-21 academic year is being carried out mainly by online methods. A small number of courses that are reported to be held in person will continue online until 31.12.2020.
- English Prep Classes are being conducted via distance education during the 2020-21 Fall semester.
- For questions about distance education, the webpage https://distancelearning.boun.edu.tr/ has been created.
What to do if COVID-19 is detected and other precautions
Detailed information on the subject can be found at the following link: https://coronavirus.boun.edu.tr/sites/coronavirus.boun.edu.tr/files/covidfiles/kovid_19_tedbirleri_16.11.2020.pdf
Boğaziçi University Rectorate